Culture Flipper is looking for a language expert
Culture Flipper is a marketing localization company
Job Posting Title: Korean < > Thai Language Expert
3-month Probation Period
Compensation: Based on skill and experience
Work Schedule and Location:
20 hours a week are expected in the beginning but may vary. 90% work from home.
Must have written and verbal fluency in Thai and Korean. Two or more years experience in translation, particularly literary translation, interpretation or localization.
Detailed Job Description:
Working with Thai and Korean writers and editors, your role will be to help the team to produce final transcreated work by translating and contextually deconstructing source texts and will include the following responsibilities:
- Explaining the cultural context of Korean and Thai texts
- Communicating with our Project Managers & Coordinators in both Thai and Korean
- Explaining the rationale for each piece of writing we deliver to our clients
- Providing feedback to Thai and Korean writers before delivering final work to clients (includes proofreading both Thai and Korean texts and comparing target texts with the source)
- Coordinating with Project Managers & Coordinators on a daily basis in order to meet clients’ needs.
- QA and proofread non-literary translations
- Managing an KO < > TH Translation Memory (TM) if needed.
You should have the following abilities:
- Analytical thinking
- Persistence in following through
- Effective communication skills
- Poise in conflict situations
- A talent and passion for language
- Experience with local Thai culture
- Experience in copywriting and transcreating
- Command of current Thai language usage in Thailand
- A good eye for discerning good writing from great writing
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving on a deadline
- Experience in QA/QC (not a requirement, but a plus)
- Experience in CAT (computer-aided translation) tools and TM management (not a requirement, but a huge plus)
Application > Written Test > Interview
About Culture Flipper:
Culture Flipper is a California corporation that was established in January 2017. Its team members are located primarily in North America and South Korea and include Korean, Chinese, and English linguists, Korean and American copywriters and editors, graphic designers and illustrators. Specializing in the entertainment industry, Culture Flipper localizes everything related to video content, from movies to TV shows. Our thorough localization process goes beyond mere translation and approaches creative writing. Titles, product and campaign slogans, trailer and poster copy, press releases and synopses become natural and memorable in their target languages thanks to Culture Flipper’s deep understanding of cultural context in both the source and target languages. Culture Flipper is a content marketing agency that provides transcreation that blends seamlessly into the cultures of new regions and markets.